Friday, December 10, 2010

"You don't have to wait for me."

SHE SAYS: "You don't have to wait for me. Go on ahead."
HE HEARS: "I don't have to wait for her. I'm going on ahead."
SHE MEANS: "No, you don't have to wait for me...
  • SingSong means: ...but I wouldn't mind a little sacrifice."
  • PlainJane means: ...but I'd really like it if you did (and might be cranky if you didn't)."
  • GabbyYak means: ...but I'll feel abandoned if you don't."
Essentially, what we all mean is: "No, you don't have to wait for me...but you should."

Gentleman, we're not going to tell you to wait because what we want is for you to want to wait for us. Take a hint: wait for your lady; make her smile.


xkcd: "Wait For Me"

3 comments:

  1. Would you be forgiving if it was the first time the guy heard this phrase, or should he know better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the temperature. If she requires your body heat to survive, then no, you probably won't be forgiven. Otherwise, chances are she wont give you anything worse than a cold shoulder... but wait around next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://kevinspear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Spear_3628.jpg

    ReplyDelete